Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Curt Condon and American Idol

On March 3, 2008, our dear friend Curt Condon passed away. He was by far the greatest inspiration to both of us. It has been tough knowing that we will never see him on this earth again, however, we have great faith in knowing that one day we will celebrate with him in heaven.
Curt was a HUGE American Idol fan (as we are too!). Before he passed away he was a "religious" viewer of the show and even took his daughter Brittany to the Concert in 2007!
Every week when I watch the show, I think of him.
Last week...well....I was speechless when I turned on the show to see the contestants singing "Shout to the Lord" in the beginning segment! First of all, the song is a Christian worship song, so I was amazed they allowed the contestants to sing it!
But what affected me the most was that "Shout to the Lord" was Curt's favorite song! The song had been a huge inspiration to him while he was dealing with his brain tumor. When the doctors found the tumor and he was getting prepped for surgery to remove part of it, I sang it to him at his bedside. And at his memorial, I sang it for him...because he had asked me before he passed away.
So, last week when American Idol presented that song...I was so richly blessed...and I thank God for showing me His promise in such an unconventional way!

No comments: