
Book Description:
As a little girl, Jane has no one. Her mother, the powerful head of a Broadway theater company, has no time for her. She does have one friend-a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael-but only she can see him.
Years later, Jane is in her thirties and just as alone as ever. Then she meets Michael again-as handsome, smart and perfect as she remembers him to be. But not even Michael knows the reason they've really been reunited.
SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY'S is a love story with an irresistible twist, a novel about the child inside all of us-and the boundary-crossing power of love.
My take on the Book:
As long as you put your sense of belief onto a shelf before turning the first page of SUNDAYS AT TIFFANY'S, you'll be fine. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when this "love story" turned more into a "fairy tale". The whole idea of an imaginary friend becoming real is far out there...but again...this is just a story.
It's a fast-moving read, as all of James Patterson's books are, a love story/fairy tale that includes an interesting yet strange plot. I enjoyed the basic writing and even the tone of the story, but parts of it were pretty unbelievable. I don't feel that I wasted my time with this book, although it is not one of my best reads.
1 comment:
I would have to agree. I was hoping for something more along the lines of "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" It was a bit far fetched, but still a good read.
Post a Comment