
My Sister's Keeper is the first book I have read by the author: Jodi Picoult. I have to say, I was very impressed by her writing and her talent of bringing out every emotion inside of me! I will definitely read more of her books in the future.
To give a bit of background about the story:
My Sister's Keeper is based on a young girl who was conceived to save her sister who has a very rare, very deadly type of cancer. For over 13 years, the young girl, Ana, has gone through blood draws, bone marrow draws, etc. to prevent her sister from dying. At age 13, Ana decides that she should be able to choose for herself whether or not to go through such painful procedures. Her family is devestated and confused when she hires a lawyer to file for medical emancipation from her parents. The remainder of the story illustrates the families ordeal through each characters perspective. It is a story of pain, outrage, joy, and sadness.
I would highlty recommend this book!
1 comment:
I haven't read this one yet, hopefully I will soon...but I really like Vanishing Acts and Nineteen Minutes.
Post a Comment