Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunset



"Sunset" is the last book in the Sunrise Series by Karen Kingsbury. It follows the Baxter family, a large, very close-knit family living in Indiana. The Sunset is actually the third series that follows the Baxter family. It follows the Redemption series and the First Born Series. I began the whole series four years ago and finally finished the last two books this year. I have to admit, I was sad to end such a wonderful series.
"Sunset" as well as the other books in the series had a wonderful story line and beautiful characters that you cannot help but become attached to. Karen Kingsbury is a wonderful writer, and captures emotions beautifully! I will definitely read more of her books!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
More about Sunset: (Taken from Karenkingsbury.com)
Sunset is about the power of family love, and the healing miracle of redemption. As John Baxter makes plans to marry Elaine, one of the Baxters enters into the most trying season of all. During a time of renewed love and hope for the future, the Baxters try to come together to establish the sacred ground of marriage and to chart a course for the future. Memories of times gone by meet with the changes of today in a story that proves only the support of faith and family can take a person into the sunset years of life.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Lena, Do you own all of the books in the Baxters series'? I read all of the first series, and I am halfway through the Firstborn series. Just have 2 left. Then I am going to start on the Sunrise series. Problem is, they don't have the remaining books at my library here, and I can't afford to buy right now. I am hoping I can find someone to borrow them from! Let me know if you have them available! :-)