Saturday, December 12, 2009

25 Days of Christmas...Day Twelve






Today was a wonderful day! My parents are up visiting us, and although it has rained the whole time, we have made the best of it. Today, we woke up and made a hawaiian breakfast: rice, eggs, and...spam. I know...weird. But this is Rick's favorite breakfast, and surprisingly, it is pretty good. So this morning, Rick got out the spam and seaweed and made Spam Musubi.

After Breakfast, we all headed out to the movies and watched "Everything is Fine" with Robert De Niro and Drew Barrymore. Honestly, I would not recommend it. I really thought that the movie would be light-hearted and perfect for the holidays...but really, it made me depressed. Oh well.
My mom and I went shopping and ate lunch before heading home. I love spending time with her. As I get older, I realize how much I am like her. I so appreciate the realtionship we have. I am also lucky to have such a wonderful father. Love, love, love them!

Tonight, Rick and I went to my work's Christmas party. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed spending time with my wonderful co-workers. Here are a few pictures of the party:

Maryann and I

Bright Start Therapies Staff

Maryann, Hannah, and I


During the party, there was a gift game where all the employees grabbed a number out of the bucket. When their number was called they opened a present and chose whether to keep it or take someone elses gift. It was a fun time, until Maryann lost her wine picnic basket...

Maryann opening her wine basket

Julia was not so interested in the perfume, so she took Maryann's wine basket.

Maryann was not giving up easily!!!

All in all, it was a fantastic night!



25 days 'til Christmas Organizing tip from Keep it Together - This time of year and all year around, bathrooms are always in need of cleaning. I recommend keeping essential cleaning supplies in the bathroom for quick clean ups and weekly maintence. With everything in the room you need, cleaning gets done quickly and makes it is easier to maintain it regularly.

1 comment:

The Roberts Family said...

Looks like you both are keeping busy! Would love to try and get together again soon. Brian is out of work so I have more free time now. :) Love checking up on you guys via your blog! Hope you both have a blessed and wonderful Christmas! :)

Love,
Alisa