Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Barbecued Turkey Sloppy Joes

I made this recipe last Sunday for lunch. It was perfect for the football games. I have made it before, and both Rick and I like it's simplicity, but also feel good knowing it is low in fat and has some veggies inside! Enjoy!

The Ingredients: 1lb. of ground turkey, one onion, half red pepper, half green bell pepper, 1 cup of barbecue sauce, 1/8 Cayenne pepper, Four whole grain rolls.

Chop onions, red and green peppers.

Brown Turkey meat in pan.
When cooked, add in pepper and onion mixture, cook for 3 minutes.

Add in barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper. Mix all together.

mmmmm....doesn't that look good?
Add 1/4 of meat mixture to whole wheat bun.

ENJOY!!!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks VERY good!

Meghan said...

Yum! I'm trying it. Thanks for the idea.

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you like current!!! My best friend told me about the site, and we use it to write each other snail mail! We've been pen pals for YEARS now! I think I'm going to try this recipe for my husband, although I'm going to use ground beef because he won't eat ground turkey...Thanks again for stopping by my site the other day!