Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mom and Grandpa Update #3

I went to visit Grandpa this morning around 10. He was sitting up in a chair talking with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Jill when I walked in. His hand is in a sling and needs to be elevated due to his fractured hand, but the swelling in his face is going down. I was so happy to see him up and out of his bed! He is eating soft foods and drinking liquids. The nurses are keeping a close eye on his blood sugar levels as they are pretty high. Thankfully, his heart rate and blood pressure levels are good. Grandpa constantly is asking for his dog. I know he misses him terribly! Tonight, my dad printed out a picture of his dog and brought it over to him...Grandpa was very happy for that. I am sure he will be showing everyone who walks into the room!

Mom is continuing to rest at home. She has an appointment to get her hand checked out tomorrow. She is happy to know that Grandpa is getting better. My dad went out to the accident site yesterday and then to the tow yard to look at the car. He took pictures of the damage. I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like it. They are sure lucky to be alive!

Thanks again for continuing to pray for my mom and grandpa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lena thank you so much for dedication to your family & for your communication to those of use who are on the outside... praying for you all. I know God has got it all under control but I still have a tendency to worry. Thank you so much for your daily updates, it helps so much to be able to hear of his miracles. You are all loved.