The reason I continue blogging:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This past weekend, Rick and I traveled back to Napa, Ca. to celebrate Valentine's Day...how fitting that my first and 100th blog post would include one of my favorite spots on this earth! While driving through the beautiful town, I commented to Rick how relaxed we are every time we visit. Maybe it's the beautiful scenery...maybe the food...to be honest, it's most likely the wine (who am I kidding). But really, we always come home so relaxed!
This trip we visited our favorite burger joint Taylor's Refresher.
The burgers here are so good! And the fries...oh my! In the past, when I wasn't eating meat I preferred the veggie burger, which is very good...but now that I am including meat into my diet, I went for the good stuff...Beef. Check out the goods!
After lunch we visited a few of our favorite wineries as well as a new one that Rick has been dying to take me to. Our first stop was Raymond Vineyards where we tasted wonderful wines and purchased a few bottles of Sauvignon Blanc, Rose, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Petite Syrah.
After Raymond, we visited St. Supery. We have been wine club members for the past two years, and have really enjoyed the experience. Our favorite is the Dollarhide Cabernet Sauvignon.
After St. Supery, we traveled to Hess Winery located in Napa. Rick visited the winery along with some work colleagues a couple months ago and brought home a fantastic cuvee. He also spoke about the beautiful grounds, architecture, and art museum located inside. When we arrived, I was very impressed! It was amazing!
We had a wonderful time in Napa and already are talking about our next visit. Napa Valley features over 700 wineries, so there is always something new to experience there!
Thanks again for all you readers (family and friends) who read our blog!
1 comment:
Lena, I love reading your blog. I know for me, it feels like it keeps me connected to you, even though we are so much further away now! I love hearing about the books you are reading, the meals you are cooking, the trips you take, and just about your family in general. Love you girl!
Post a Comment