Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I have been reading a few of my favorite blogs this week...this is one of my favorite past times. At the end of the day, it is nice to just relax on the couch and catch up on friends lives, new ideas, crafts, and recipes...these are all the things I love about blogs...you just learn so much in a personal way.
One of the blogs I follow had a blog post called "simple pleasures" and listed all the simple things in life that makes her happy. I love this idea! Sometimes I feel like I focus too much on SERIOUS STUFF...and we so easily forget the SIMPLE STUFF that makes my life just a little happier each day. These are my simple pleasures:
1. Library Books (especially the smell of them)
2. The sleep button on the alarm clock
3. Warm laundry
4. A personal letter in the mail
5. Kids laughing
6. Reading recipe books
7. Cooking with my husband
8. Church bells
9. The smell of fresh cut grass
10. My mom's breakfasts
11. Friday Night
12. lit candles
13. A good glass of wine
14. Cozy pajamas and slippers
15. Starbursts Candy
16. bubble baths
17. fresh flowers
18. white dishes
19. black and white photos
20. beautiful sunsets



What are your simple pleasures???

1 comment:

Mrs.EBG said...

Love this idea! And totally love your list! You're so right, so many times we focus on the big ideas that we forget the small ones... my favorite simple pleasure is when I get home from work and my kids run to greet me at the door... nothing beats that!