A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
I love these verses...they speak to me every time I read them. The past two months have been difficult...they have brought sorrow so strong I could barely stand on two feet. Receiving a call from my sister that sweet Grandma had passed away, hearing my father's voice crack when he spoke of his mother at her funeral, holding my grandfather as he wept....these things broke me.
I know that there is a time for everything....and miraculously, even in times of sorrow, JOY pushed through and gave me a smile. The promise that Jesus is Lord and heaven is real...visiting and renewing relationships with family members from far away...watching my parents work together to care for my Grandpa, and cruising in the AUDI with Grandpa...these things rebuilt me. The Lord is good...he is faithful...he is true...he sustains us through sorrow...he brings joy to his children...
1 comment:
Thank you for all of your blogging! I love reading each and every post. Love ya so much... and I LOVE this pic of you and grandpa! xoxo -Mandy
Post a Comment