Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shaver Lake

In October, I drove down to Shaver Lake to meet my parents who were camping for the week. My parents LOVE camping! They have the cutest little tent trailer that they have fixed up to feel very "homey" and comfortable. Friday afternoon I left work around 2 o'clock (I love school hours) and drove for 4 hours all by myself (thank you very much.) Rick wasn't able to go as he had to work. So I headed out with my Garmin and thankfully found the campsite! It was pretty dark, so I wasn't able to see the surroundings, but when I woke up I was amazed by the HUGE trees and beautiful views!
My wonderful parents and Bailey girl. They were perfect hosts! We woke up Saturday morning, made cinnamon rolls and mimosas and enjoyed the fresh air.

Our dinner was even better as we had our own "Grill Master."

During the day, we took a road trip to a few view points. I, of course, got car sick 10 minutes into the trip and had to pull over. My mom is so generous and gave up her spot in the front seat for me. Thanks mom.
Dad and I at the Lake.
The trees were so big and beautiful!!!



Bailey and I. The old girl is a real trooper. I think the highlight of her time there was swimming in the lake. :)

No comments: