This weekend was a WONDERFUL weekend spent with my mom! She flew up Thursday night to spend the weekend with me and it was extra special because her birthday was on Saturday. On Friday, I had a baby shower for a dear friend. I was grateful to have mom there to help prepare the house, but also to join in the celebration. On Saturday (mom's birthday) we relaxed around the house, drinking coffee, and talking about life. Then we went our for lunch and headed to the mall to do some shopping. It is always fun browsing shops with my mom as we like a lot of the same things. Later that night, we picked up a pizza, headed home, and watched a movie by the fire. It sounds so simple, but that is what I love about my mom the most. Yes, she is loyal, giving, and totally funny, but she prefers to enjoy the simple things in life. She takes time to spend with her loved ones, reading books, loves a good movie, hiking in nature, walking on the beach, sipping coffee with the Sunday paper. Mom doesn't need a fancy car, expensive jewelry, a big house, or costly items to make her happy...she makes the best out of each day that God brings her and celebrates his faithfulness. She is a wonderful example to my sister and I...we are both grateful for her and the LOVE she gives us.
Today, I have to take mom to the airport as she is headed back to San Diego...so for now, I will enjoy the rest of this weekend with her...sipping coffee, talking, and watching a good movie by the fire. :)
I love you mom! Happy Birthday!
-Lena
2 comments:
Awww, sounds like a great weekend! Happy birthday to your Mom!! She actually has the same birthday as my older brother. :-)
Miss you girl!
Glad you guys had a good time. Love you both!-Mandy
Post a Comment