Ha ha...so I thought. About a year ago, I came home to find none other than my favorite dog (oops, did I write that out loud?) laying on our couch sleeping. When she saw me she slowly, maneuvered herself off and hid in the other room...right, Bailey, like I didn't see you!
I had to do something. This could not happen everyday, so I began to systematically place throw pillows at the end of the couch each day so she could not jump up. It worked too...
The hard part was realizing how much she loved that nice, comfy corner...almost like it was a spot that she found relief from her achy joints...I realized this every night when I came home to sit in that spot and she would "tragically" walk up to me, lay her head on my lap, and ever so pathetically look up at me and sigh...
I'm sorry, but as consistent and firm as I can be, I cannot look at a 12 year old Labrador, who I believe is the greatest dog ever to live, and ignore her request....so I gave in...yes, I allowed her on the couch, with a few limitations...
Only when I am up on the couch, with a blanket beneath her, and only on Saturdays...
Strange as it sounds, it works for me...and I know the big bear loves it too... :)
3 comments:
That is adorable!!! We had that rule with the cat too, until he wanted to be cuddly =) I missed your posts! I've had a sort of "blogger's block" for awhile now and only posting recipe and book reviews. We'll get it back =)
What a cute dog! Ty had a yellow lab growing up and he is a sucker for them! Levi wants a cat, fish and a bunny!
Aww, sweet Bailey! How could you turn her down. She is such a wonderful dog!
Post a Comment