Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rejoicing

My mother made this arrangement to place on my Grandparent's gravesite during the ceremony yesterday. Isn't it so beautiful? Just looking at the flowers, I think of both my Grandparents and the JOY they brought to our whole family. They were never just ordinary Grandparents...they were extraordinary! Both the family gravesite and memorial services were beautiful and honored my grandfather is such a sweet way. I felt very proud to see how many people he touched in his lifetime.





When we got home from the memorial service, this is what I saw:


In this world, it is VERY difficult to deal with a loss of a loved one. I know this first hand as my family said goodbye to two precious people in less than one year. The blessing is knowing the comfort that only Jesus gives, the Faith that we have in eachother and in God's mighty hand to protect us through these difficult times, and the promise that we will be reunited in Heaven one day. This verse reminds me to praise God for bringing a new day, a chance to renew my spirit, to reflect on what and who he has brought into my life, and to rejoice in his gift of LIFE both here on earth and in heaven.


1 comment:

Meghan said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Lena. You're right though, God gives us exactly what we need in those times to keep facing the next day and even rejoicing in it. Love you friend.