Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012: Week 1


My goal this year is to take more pictures.  I received a fancy (in my terms) camera last Christmas and did not use it as much as I would have liked...I also did not use any settings except for the trusty "auto" setting. My friend Susan signed up for 365project.org last year and achieved her goal of taking a photo a day for a year along with a small written caption below.  I enjoyed viewing her pictures and am so glad she encouraged me to do it!  I think blogging will be a bit different for me this year as I would like to spend more time reading, catching up with friends (in person), and devoting myself more to prayer/bible etc.  I will try to continue documenting the important events that go on in our lives, but  I will make it a point to at least update my blog weekly with my photos....
So, here is my first installment of "A week in the life of Lena" :)



Rick and I enjoy football...in fact, we LOVE it! Interestingly, we are fans of different teams and they happen to have an extreme rivalry. I was born and raised in San Diego, so automatically that makes me a Chargers fan. Rick grew up with a father who is a "die hard" Raiders fan which clearly was passed down. Although, the teams are rivals, we try to have fun with it! Today, the first day of 2012, our teams are playing each other!!! We shall see who wins!!!





Rick and I spent the entire day playing with this little man and his amazing parents! We are so blessed to watch him grow up and are so excited for what the Lord has planned for his life! We love you "J!"





Today was my first day back to school after a wonderful winter break. I got up very early to go into my classroom in order to prep for the day and get ready for my students. I arrived in the parking lot and immediately noticed the beautiful morning sky...what a perfect start to a perfect day!





Our sweet dog, Bailey, loves to go on walks. Just hearing the word "walk" makes her tail wag fast and she runs around the house in excitement. Lately, our long walks have become short "slow" strolls around 
the block because of her aching legs. She still loves to go...and I love to take her!



Not the healthiest of meals as the sodium content "kills" me just looking at it, but it is quick and easy. On nights like these when I am running from one job to the next, it works for me!



Tonight I had the pleasure of eating dinner with two amazing women! My good friend Dale (middle) was in town and I was thrilled to see her as well as spend time with my new friend, Diane. I had a wonderful time with these two lovely ladies and enjoyed our conversation. My heart (and tummy) is full!




We had a fun day yesterday! Rick and I spent the afternoon celebrating our little friend's first birthday!!! The party was fabulous and so charming! It was fun to watch the kids play and catch up with friends! These girls are so dear to my heart and have made the "goal" to take a picture a year along with me...Susan (left) actually got me started! This will be a fun, picture-filled year!



6 comments:

Tyler and Lisa said...

Levi watched this game with his Daddy! Saw the exact part you have up on your screen! My hubby also wanted the Chargers to win!

Unknown said...

Oh Lena, this is too funny! I grew up in a household where Mom is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan (because we don't have a pro team here in WV) and Dad is a Cleveland Browns fan (because he grew up right outside of Cleveland). Since they are rival teams, we have lots of fun on the days they play each other =)

Meghan said...

I love this idea! I'm so excited to see all of your pictures as the year goes on. Great goal Lena.

vickichristine said...

yay! fun week catch-ups. i like it.

littlelamb356 said...

I love the format you are using to post your pictures. How did you write the days on them? I haven't decided if I will post mine as separate photos or in bunches. We'll see! Good luck with taking more photos :)

The Wallace Family said...

Love your pictures for the week. Your sweet dog is so cute. We are Titans fans in our house. We should just not be any fans haha because our teams just don't very good. I think they would do better if we weren't fans:) Have a great week