Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Thousand Splendid Suns



This book is beautifully written. I love how the author paints such a clear picture of each character. Both of the women portrayed in the book were real and believable. While reading the story, I began to really feel for them...at times, I wanted to throw the book in rage, and at times I could barely contain my tears.
A Thousand Splendid Suns is a heartbreaking and moving story that shows the strength, courage, faithfulness, and the power to forgive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite Quote from the book:
"In a few years, this little girl will be a woman who will make small demands on life, who will never burden others, who will never let on that she too has had sorrows, disappointments, dreams that have been ridiculed. A woman who will be like a rock in a riverbed, enduring without complaint, her grace not sullied but shaped by the turbulence that washes over her."

No comments: