
About a year ago, my brother-in-law recommended this book. I wasn't able to pick it up until last month as I was busy trying to finish up some other book challenges I signed up for. Luckily, the movie came out last month...so it lit a fire under me to start and finish the book before seeing it on the big screen.
The Time Travelers Wife was a beautifully written book. It was full of fantasy, love, mystery, suspense, humor...everything that makes a good story. The plot revolves around a man, Henry who has a genetic disorder that causes him to time travel through life at any moment without much of a warning. During his time travels, he meets a Clare as a young girl and visits her at different times in her life. Clare falls in love with him, although sadly, she is not able to control when he comes or goes. In "real time" these two characters eventually meet, marry, and live their lives. Unfortunately, his time traveling does not end, and the story continues, capturing the pain and loyalty that occurs between these two characters.
This is my first "meeting" with the author, Nora Niffeneger. Her ability to capture each character was extraordinary...I will surely be picking up more of her books in the future. This book is strongly recommended. In my opinion, this is the best book I have read this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment