
Born September 26th 2009 to my dear friends Laurin and Ben Wilkinson
Brinkley's Mama, Laurin, whom I affectionately call "Rin," met when we were eight-years old in Sunday school class. My first recollection of Rin was her sweet voice accented with a "touch of the south" saying: "Hi, my name is Laurin Pinkerton and I like to roller-skate!"
Rin never did share with me her roller skating skills, but through our child hood, teenage, and now adult years (really?) she has shared so much more that I am so grateful for. I have never, in my life met any person so selfless, so compassionate, and so graceful as my sweet friend, Rin. Not only does she carry these beautiful attributes, she is also a kick to hang out with. I have just about "almost peed my pants" on every occasion spent with Rin. Just thinking about some of the things we got into makes me cry.
I have been honored to share in many big occasions with Rin...birthday parties, winter camps, graduation parties, mission trips, jazz recitals, olive-oil tastings, both our weddings, Rin's baby shower...so many memories to think of. And now, Rin, my dear friend, is a mom! It made me cry when Rin let me know they were headed to the hospital. Knowing that soon she would have a little girl in her arms. All of our lives we have talked about names we would give our chilren, how we would raise them...And in these last few months, I felt honored to be there for Rin to be a judge of possible names, shop with, laugh with, and pray with...
Rin, I am so excited for you, Ben, and your new little gift from heaven. Brinkley is so blessed to have you both as parents. I will always be here for you as you have always been there for me. Remember on those late night feedings that California is 2 hours behind... I am so proud of you. Congratulations Mama! I love you!
Miss Brinkley, your auntie Lena loves you too!
1 comment:
Lena! So glad to find your blog! What a sweet little baby, and what fun memories you have of her Momma!
Post a Comment