Monday, December 21, 2009

25 Days of Christmas...Day Twenty Two

Wow...can you believe how close Christmas is!!! Amazing, how time flies! This month has been wonderful for both Rick and I. We have really tried to get into the Christmas Spirit. We still have a few things on our list to do. I really want to decorate a Gingerbread house and also check out some more lights...and of course, Rick is looking forward to Christmas day when he can watch "The Christmas Story" all day long!

As for presents, we are going really simple this year. We still have a few more gifts, but I think Rick has it covered! I am so thankful I don't have to go out into the mayhem of the Galleria Mall again! Tonight, I was busy making homemade Chex Mix. It turned out well, although I think I was a little conservative with the spices. I made three batches, but I think I need to make some more tomorrow! Here is the recipe I used (straight from the side portion of the Chex cereal box). :)

Traditional Chex Mix

3 cups corn chex cereal

3 cups rice chex cereal

3 cups wheat chex cereal

1 cup garlic flavored bagel chips

1 cup mixed nuts

6 tablespoons butter

1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt

1/2 teaspoon of onion powder

3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder

2 tablespoons Worchestire sauce

Instructions:

Heat oven to 250

Melt butter in large roasting pan in oven

Mix in seasonings

slowly add the rest of the ingredients

place in oven for 1 hour; mixing every 15 minutes

When finished, spread on paper towels to dry for 15 minutes.

Store in air tight container













Rick and I also had a visit from our adorable little friend, Landon, who lives in our neighborhood. He came with his gorgeous mom to deliver these beautiful ornaments.



I love these ornaments so much! Especially the "Joy" ornament.

Landon in front of our tree. He helped me put the ornaments on the tree.

This is our Christmas card this year:

(I could not figure out how to upoad this card electronically, so this is the best I could do.) :)

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: