Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dinner+American Idol+Friends=Great Night!!!

Last Tuesday night, Rick and I had our wonderful friends, Blake and Becky over for dinner. Rick made his awesome teriyaki chicken, steamed up some veggies, and loaded up the rice cooker with yummy sticky rice to use for teriyaki chicken bowls. In addition, I stopped by our favorite sushi restaurant Zakuro and ordered some sushi to go. Here is what our table looked like:






















This is Blake and Becky...aren't they adorable?


They got married two years ago...I think they have the best love story. I won't tell too much, but I will brag and say that I think Rick and I had a HUGE part in them getting together. Ha!

Becky's birthday was this past Friday, so we decided to celebrate a little early. This is her gift. I found this bag at TJ Maxx...love it because it is re-usable and adorable! Inside was the coolest color orange water bottle and a Peet's Coffee gift card. Hope you enjoy your goodies Becks! Love you!




Last but not least...we got comfortable, turned the lights low, and watched the season premiere of American Idol. LOVE!!! Although I think we all have agreed that this will be our last year of watching American Idol due this being Simon's last season. I am sorry, but I can't imagine the show with out him.

Thanks Blake and Becky for an awesome night! Looking forward to many more this year!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What recipe does he use for the teryaki chicken? there is a place in the mall back home that makes the best teryaki chicken, and I'd love to learn to make it myself!