Monday, January 18, 2010

Freezing Parsley

Completely awesome! Love it! Wow! Amazing!
I love the produce that came with our shipment of Farm Fresh To You. It has really challenged me to search the internet and research my giant collection of cookbooks for new recipes.
To be honest, I have never cooked many of the items that were delivered including: leeks, bok choy, or kale. I am happy to say that I found very good, very healthy recipes for each of these ingredients and will post the recipes sometime in the future.

In addition to the fruits and vegetables that were delivered, a huge bunch of parsley was in the shipment. I love parsley, but was a little worried about it going bad before we were able to use it. As you have probably figured out, Google is my "best friend." Here is what I found out: You can easily freeze parsley! Here are the steps:


Materials I used: cutting board, food chopper, ice cube tray, knife, paper towels, four sandwich plastic baggies, and one gallon sized freezer bag.


1. Wash parsley and dry with paper towels.
2. Cut the stems with knife and discard.

3. Chop the parsley leaves very finely with knife or food chopper.

4. Place a small amount of chopped parsley in ice-cube tray. (I used 1tbsp amount).

5. Pour small amount of water into each form.

6. Freeze.

7. Once frozen, take the parsley blocks and place in small ziplock bag. I placed 3 cubes in each bag.


8. Take one large freezer gallon bag, mark the date with sharpee, and place the filled smaller ziploc bags inside.

9. Place filled freezer bag into freezer.
*When a recipe calls for parsely, take out cubes, thaw and use 'em up!!!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Yeah. Another blogger friend. Yes, the hubbie rolls his eyes endlessly when he sees the camera come out. Men just don't understand. ;)