Friday, January 22, 2010

Volunteering and DisneyLand

With everything that is going on in our world, it makes me look inward to see what I am really doing to help those in need. Yes, I pray for those who are hurting and donate to those in need. Sadly, I am ultimately selfish, mostly thinking of myself or just focusing on the friends and family I have around me.
I want to strive to be different than that. I want to reach outside of my little box. I want to be an example. I want to be real...I want to do something that will leave a legacy...


Rick and I made a few goals this year along with our friends, Blake and Becky. These goals were not exactly for ourselves to accomplish, but more of a way for all of us to add meaningful memories to our friendship.


Rick was able to help build a house with Habitat for Humanity down in New Orleans last year during a team building activity with his company. He came home with an awesome report of his experience...we all were impressed with the what he accomplished and what the organization stands for.
So this year, we are planning on donating sometime with Habitat for Humanity. What is wonderful about this opportunity is that it is right in our area. We don't have to take a plane or drive several miles...We will be helping people who live right next to us.
Please consider donating some of your time to help others this year. It is so important to reach out and help those in need. Remember, we have people hurting right next to us...sometimes it only takes a little time to help them.
Luckily, Disney has stepped up and has offered a very enticing offer:
Please look at the following link: Give A Day. Get A Day At Disney.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Lena,
Thank you for your kind visit today! You are so sweet and I really appreciate it. Come by and visit with me anytime okay.

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend.
~Warmly, ~Melissa :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to look at the commissary to see if they have that sauce!