Walk for Thought 2010
March 20, 2010
William Land Park, Sacramento, CA.
You all know how much I appreciate working with survivor's of Traumatic Brain Injuries. Did you know that 1.4 million people sustain a head injury each year in the United States? Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in the United States include falls, motor vehicle accidents, blows to the head, and assault. Brain Injuries can happen to anyone, however those at the highest risk include males and those between the ages of 0 to 4 and 15 to 19 years of age.
This year is the 3rd annual Walk for Thought in Sacramento Ca benefiting the California Brain Injury Association. Our group had so much fun participating in this event! We had quite a few members show up and walk (or roll) the course. I was so proud of them! I hope to see you out there if you live in the Sacramento area! There are also other cities involved. For more information and to register please click here
Below are a few pictures of last year's walk.
4 comments:
awesome job, this is so great! :)
Lena, you have such a big heart. I love hearing you talk about you TBI group. Whenever you speak of them, you can really see how much you care for each one of them, and how much of your heart you pour out to them. :-)
I love you and miss you girl!
P.S. Thanks for your comment on my post :-)
My husband had a TBI in June of 2008 and he has completely recovered. His speech sometimes gets a little slurred at night if he is tired, but you wouldn't notice if you didn't know him before his injury. I am so thankful to the surgeon, nurses and therapists who nursed him back to health. I wish I lived in California so I could walk with you! Thanks for sharing!!
Girl, sorry to comment on this post from my post you commented on yesterday but I just had to reach out to you and say thank you for your kinds words. You truly made my day. You can do it! Be strong! ;) If you have any questions e-mail me. I will be thinking about you, keep me posted!
Love your blog! ;)
Post a Comment