Thursday, June 17, 2010

San Francisco-Wicked

In May, Rick's parents and sister came up to visit so we could celebrate Mothers Day as a family. We had a wonderful time. On Saturday morning we woke up early, went out to breakfast and headed our way into San Francisco. What was supposed to be an hour and a half drive turned into a three hour drive due to traffic, but it was nice being together and looking at the sites. Well, who am I kidding...I slept for most of it. And so did this girl...:)

When we got there we found the infamous Lombard Street and made our way down the very windy road! I always love doing this and it was Bekah's first time. Afterwards we headed to the theatre to watch "Wicked." What an amazing play! The singing was phenomenal and the moral of the story was so sweet...and so true! If you haven't seen it, please go! It is a fantastic play! I cried at the end...no surprise there.
After the play, Rick and I treated his parents to dinner at Boudin Bistro. This is a fun place right above the Boudin Bakery in Fishermans Warf that has excellent food. I had the sourdough fish tacos (yum) and Rick had the fish and chips. I have no idea what Ralph and Lori ordered, however I do remember Bekah (13 years old and probably not even 60 pounds) ordering a 16oz ribeye....ha! The waiter's words exactly: "You do realize that is a pound of steak, right?" But she ate the whole thing!
The next morning we went to an awesome church service at Bridgeway and enjoyed a quick lunch before heading off to drop them off at the airport. We had such a wonderful weekend! It is so nice having family come up to see our "neck of the woods." Love, love, love family time!









1 comment:

Amber said...

Sounds like a blast! I would love to see Wicked sometime... sounds really good! By the way, I LOVE the picture of you and Rick!! :-)

Love you girl!