This year, my goal was to be grateful...even when things get difficult. There were difficult circumstances that my whole family had to deal with, but THANKFULLY, the Lord sustained us through the hard times. I believe that God is true, faithful, and compassionate to his children. He brings new mercies everyday...I AM THANKFUL FOR HIM, MY SAVIOR.
I am very THANKFUL for my husband, Rick. He is a quiet soul with a side of laughter. He is firm in his beliefs and loyal to his friends and loved ones. I AM THANKFUL FOR HIM, MY HUSBAND.
I am THANKFUL for my friends. I firmly believe that friendship is very important! It is nice to know that people have your back in hard times and can rejoice with you in the good. Rick and I had a wonderful year with our friends...dinners out, dinners in, barbecues, movies, football games...all of these events made deep memories in our minds to remember.
I am THANKFUL for my Mom and Dad. They have instilled a great example for my sister and I to follow. They are wonderful, compassionate, and hardworking. I love to see the love and loyalty they have for their own parents, and it was especially evident when they moved my fathers parents into their home this year to take care of them.
I am THANKFUL for the family I married into. The Medina/Oshima family brings me so much happiness. I am THANKFUL for their giving hearts and the great love that they show to both Rick and I.
I am THANKFUL for my sister and brother-in-law. Growing up, my sister and I didn't always see eye-to-eye, but I can definitely say that she is the first person I call with news and I can trust her with ANYTHING. She is my best friend. I am so happy that she has such a wonderful husband in Josh, and he is a good brother to both Rick and I.
I am THANKFUL for my Grandparents. My maternal Grandma, Marlys is my laughter, for sure. Before I began my new job for the school district, she flew up to Sacramento to help set up my room. I have never seen such a diligent worker. She was standing on chairs, hanging paper on walls, swinging staplers...it was a joy to have her with me and I especially was thankful for all of her advice. My maternal Grandfather Walt was in a terrible accident with my mom at the beginning of this year. I am so thankful that he recovered and I am proud of him. I am THANKFUL for my paternal Grandarents, Jerry and Kathy. It is so wonderful to have my Grandfather Jerry living with my parents. I love that when I visit, I now can just walk into his room and have a coffee with him. He is sensitive, kind, and strong in his beliefs. He is a good man. It is still hard for me to even write about my sweet Grandma, Kathy. I have described her before as "my heart." I really think that she was the heart of our whole family. Today will be difficult without her...it will be the first of many holidays without her smile. THANKFULLY, we KNOW and have FAITH that she is rejoicing with her LORD and SAVIOR in a better place and we will be with her again.
I hope that today, you all remember what you are thankful for and express that to those around you! What a wonderful day to GIVE THANKS!
The Meacham Family: Thanksgiving 2009
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving, Medina Family! We love you and miss you guys. Hope to see you on our next trip down to Roseville.
Post a Comment