Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reading in 2011

Just ask my husband...I love to read. He would probably tell you I am happier when I am reading. ha! This year, I joined other bloggers in a few book challenges including:

1. The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge (read 4 memoirs)-0/4 read

2. Support Your Local Library Challenge (read 25 library books)-7/25 read

    3. Chick Lit Challenge (read 8 chick lit books) 8/8 read

    4. E-book Challenge (read 12 e-books)-6/12 read

    5. Audio book Challenge (listen to 12 audio books)-6/12 finished

Along with the Countdown Challenge 2010 (the challenge was to read the number of books first published in a given year that corresponds to the last digit of each year in the 2000s — 10 books from 2010, 9 books from 2009, 8 books from 2008, etc. The total number of books required, therefore, was 55) I read 26 books. Again, this year, I did not complete every challenge, but it was fun and I am ready to join a few more book challenges for 2011! Below are my picks!

Read 3 books that are the first in any series. CLICK HERE to join.


Read at least 12 books from your own shelves, then pass it along to a friend. If you would like to join this challenge, CLICK HERE

Read 5 books that have or will be made (in 2011) into a movie. If you would like to join this challenge, CLICK HERE


Read at least 8 books of the Chick lit variety. If you would like to join this challenge, CLICK HERE

Hopefully, with these challenges and my Facebook Book Club "Dalena's Book Club" reads, I will finish my goal of reading 30+ books this year! (I chose a minimum of 30 because I am turning 30 this year....agh!) Happy Reading!!!

No comments: