Sunday, January 9, 2011

Disneyland pictures and a little bit more

This past week was interesting...but really good! First off, I had my first experience with Jury Duty. I was called in Monday through Wednesday, but thankfully was not called to serve on a Jury...it was a very high profile case that would have kept me away from my class through February...not good! On Thursday when I arrived to school, my Kindergartners greeted me with the sweetest smiles and hugs! It made my heart melt that they missed me just as much as I missed them!

The most exciting point in our week was that our best friends had a baby boy last Monday...ohh...he is the sweetest thing! We made a visit to the hospital on Wednesday night to visit. We saw him again last night at home when we dropped off a meal. I just can't get enough of him!

I finished the first book of 2011 called "Secret Daughter: A Novel" It was AMAZING! I recommend it highly. For a description of the book, go here.

I have been pretty good at keeping with my "January Resolution" of Organizing. I have sent out most of my birthday cards, made a calendar, put away Christmas decorations (while organizing the closet it all goes into), cleaned out my purse, and made a monthly menu.

I uploaded a few more pictures from our Christmas Trip down to San Diego. While we were down there we went to Disney Land (one of my favorite places) with our dear friends, Mike and Brandi.


Before the drive up to Disneyland...it was early and we had not had our coffees yet....but still, so excited! Waiting in line for the Matterhorn...long lines, but still smiling!
Picture with Minnie...we were all wondering if the person inside the mask smiles when pictures are taken.
Christmas at Disneyland...the Best!!! The decorations were beautiful!
This was our first time visiting California Adventure. We were lucky enough to have a park hopper pass so that we were free to go to either park during the day. I loved California adventure and can't wait to spend more time there next time we go!

So, now begins a new week! I have high hopes of finishing a few projects in my "organization month." I will try to post as I finish them. I don't really have a tip to offer today, except for a wonderful blog I have been visiting to get ideas. Her name is "Clean Mama," and has great tips on cleaning and organizing your home.

Now, I am going to start dinner. Which, reminds me to post my weekly menu this week:
Monday: Dinner with friends
Tuesday: Spaghetti
Wednesday: BBQ Turkey Joes
Thursday: Left overs
Friday: Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms
Saturday: Chimichangas
Sunday: Pork Tenderloin and veggies

Have a great week!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to the new blog! I always enjoy good cleaning tips!! Good job on sticking to your resolution =)