Sunday, December 12, 2010

It looks a lot like Christmas!

I love, love, love Christmas time! I love the decorations, the smells, the friendly greetings, Christmas cards...etc. This year, I took a little more time out to add some new decorations to the house. We now have a total of four trees! Can I be honest and say that I really want to get one more? Rick just rolls his eyes...
Here are a few pictures of our home at Christmas time. I took the pictures in the evening, so the colors are not very accurate, but you get the point.
Our "fun" family room tree
Our mantle
I love personalized items. I found both of our initial ornaments at Target.
I found these blocks at Target and the frame at TJ Max. So cute!
This is on our island in the Kitchen. It reads: "Blessings, Remember to count them each and every day."
Our Kitchen "sports" tree. I found these ornaments while shopping with my mom back in October!
I love how realistic they look! I also had to sneak in a San Diego Chargers ornament...Go Bolts! Don't worry, there is an Oakland Raiders ornament too (towards the back of the tree).
Our living room tree.
Our guest room "Travel" Tree. We placed all of the ornaments we have bought during our travels on this tree including: France, Puerta Vallarta, Hawaii, and Baltimore...hopefully we will have more ornaments on this tree next year.
Our banister.
The True Meaning of Christmas. JESUS. The Nativity scene is very special to me as my Grandpa and Grandma (she passed away in August) gave this to me a few years ago. The 'JESUS' sign next to it was made by my grandfather.

As much as I enjoy decorating for Christmas, I believe that "Jesus is the reason for the season."
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." -Isaiah 9:6

Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

We have three trees and I'd go for another but I'm not sure how many more my husband would go for. =D He's very accommodating. But I'm thinking maybe not. =D

It's so fun to decorate and I loved looking at your trees.

Merry Christmas!

Dina said...

I love all your trees. They are really creative. The travel one is a great idea! Your husband should for sure let you have another one!

Maggie said...

Hi Lena!
Thanks for you comment! I think your hubby should definetly let you add one more tree for you cards :)! I need to post a picture of it with all the cards we've recieved it looks so neat and I love being able to see every card!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Your trees are beautiful!

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

I love all your Christmas decorations! It is just so warm and inviting!! Beautiful!! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Everything is so beautiful!!! I love it =) I would love to have such a beautiful banister!! It's gorgeous =) Merry Christmas Lena!!

Katherine said...

All of the trees are gorgeous! Merry Christmas!I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine
P.S. I'm having a giveaway please stop by and enter :-)

Melanie said...

I love your kitchen tree! We hare huge sports fans and that tree would make me smile every time I looked at it.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.