Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Happy New Year!!! Another year has gone by...wow! I really feel like 2010 was a wonderful year. Yes, it had trials...but, God is good and sustained us. My New Years resolution last year was to be grateful and I really feel like I worked hard to do it. I feel so blessed for everything God has brought me. So, now it is 2011!!! Holy moly! Onto the new goal! I love goals/resolutions. I know that there are people who make a goal to not have goals...NOT ME. I prefer to actually have more than one goal. It is just my style...but to be honest, I am pretty relaxed on whether I accomplish all of them completely, i.e. I am still overweight and I never read all of the books I plan on reading at the beginning of the year. But I always try...
So this year I am going to make monthly goals and make them up as the year progresses. For the month of January:

Organization:
I am just going to get it out in the open and be real for a second...I am a little bit unorganized in my life...so much that I forget where things are on an hourly basis and there have been occasions that my husband has found the remote control in the refrigerator or a whole package of string cheese in the knife drawer. My house is, for the most part, clean...but for some reason I cannot keep a few things together. For example, my bedroom closet. Why can't I keep the clothes off the floor? And my purse...seriously is full of receipts...and I can never find my phone or my keys (and it isn't even a big purse). Last year, I was horrible at remembering special dates in time to send cards (at least I remembered to make phone calls). I started the year with an amazing menu plan and shopping lists to go with it, but ended it with boxes of pizza and Carl's Jr. in my waste basket. This year has got to be different...so I am making the month of January my organization "get your butt in gear" month. So, each day in the month of January I will ATTEMPT TO post/share an organizational tip that I will ATTEMTP TO complete or at least begin the habit for the month. And please, if you have any suggestions, share them! Happy New Year!


*Disclaimer: These organization tips may not be organized in the correct or most convenient order.

1. Invest in a yearly calendar (paper or electronic version) and input birthdays/anniversaries for all of your close friends and family. Check birthdays for the month, buy cards & presents, get them ready to mail or deliver by the first of the month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Lena!!!!

Amber said...

Hey Miss Lena! I am doing a similar thing this year... except I am doing 2 new goals every 2 months. One thing TO DO and one thing NOT TO DO. I figure it takes 6 weeks to create a habit, so why not just make it 2 months for each new thing. So, for January, my goals are to drink more water (I drink virtually none right now!) and to NOT chew my nails anymore. I am also on a quest to become more organized.... but I am not setting a goal for that one yet! :-) Anyways, we will have to check in with each other on our goals every now and then! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Lena I just bought a calendar specifically for birthdays and anniversaries. Books a Million was having a 50% off all calendars sale yesterday =)

I like that we'll be reading some of the same books! I love finding a series that goes on forever lol I'm glad that starting the Redemption series will have that going for me =)