Good news...I am actually making progress on my January Resolution for getting organized...I have not given up yet! My closet is still clean....gasp! And I only lose things occasionally rather than everyday. :)
One task I really wanted help with this month was laundry. I don't know how we do it, but I really think that Rick and I accumulate more dirty laundry than a family of four. Unfortutely, that dirty laundry stays in the laundry basket or on our laundry room floor for days. Can I just be honest and say "I hate laundry!" I love all of the commercials that show these "mothers" talking about the latest invention in laundry. For example, the soap/dryer sheet thing that you use in the washer and then transfer it to the dryer to save maybe 1 minute of your time? Yeah, that is great and all, but what I really need is something magical that folds my laundry and puts it away for me. Whoever invents that will be my best friend.
I was talking to a friend of mine about it (who has children). She makes it a goal to finish one load of laundry a night and challenged me to give it a try. Why not? So Wednesday night I started my first load. I washed, dryed, folded, and put away the white towels...easy. Wednesday was followed by Thursday: whites, Friday: colors, Saturday: colors, Sunday: rest (come on, its the Sabbath...), Monday: sheets. And now my laundry room looks like this!
Nice, huh?
And while I am on the Laundry Room, let me brag about my husband. I used to complain that our laundry room was too small and didn't give us adequate space for hanging clothes for drying. Not anymore...My sweet husband came home a couple months ago with these handy racks that easily fold down when they are not being used...such a smart idea, babe! :)
Have a great week!
4 comments:
nice work! i have yet to put all my folded laundry away. i just pretend our guest bed is my closet. it's working. ;)
No way?!? That rack thingy is a GREAT idea!! I'm gonna get my hubby right on that ;) lol Great job on the staying organized, I'm going to try the staying on top of the laundry. I was all done last night so this is a clean slate today...here we go!
I LOVE those racks! Where did he get those? My laundry room is about the size of yours and it's so hard to find places to hang things. Congrats on staying organized!
Those wracks are a great idea!! :) love it!
Post a Comment