Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Madness

Seriously...is it really March? Yes, February is the shortest month, but wow, it went by fast! So, here is an update on my goals for this year:
January: Organization-This one is still going well. Laundry is on a roll...in fact, I need to put a load in when I finish this post. My office is clean, e-mail inbox is clean, and house is maintained. I still have a few tasks I need to get finished throughout the next couple of months, like, go through a large box of "stuff" in the garage, finish my blog books, etc. Overall, I feel like I am losing things less often...this is a good thing.
February: Exercise-I was not as successful with this goal as I have been with organization...but, I will say that I have exercised more this month than I have in a long time. In fact, I started the "couch 2 5k" running program and am planning on signing up for a 5k race in the next two months. I also took my first Zumba class with a colleague of mine...stinking fun, man! I loved it!

For the month of March, my goal is to memorize one bible verse a week. When I was a junior in high school I went on a mission trip to Panama for the summer. While I was there, one of our requirements was to memorize over 30 verses...I still remember many of them. I remember the words in each verse would constantly run through my head during this time...I felt so comforted by many of them. So, for this month I will choose one bible verse a week, study it, and memorize it. For this week, I have chosen this:

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of Justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! -Isaiah 30:18

Have a wonderful week!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been running too! We should do a 5k together sometime! I've been wanting to do that... xo
Mandy

Meghan said...

Lena,
Thank you for your blog comment. It's funny that you chose that verse. Phil 4:6 has come to mind many times today and I kept having to remind myself to take a moment and pray and give thanks that he is doing okay. You are such a good friend Lena. Thank you!

Meghan said...

I would love to "talk in person." Let me know what your plans are...