My first classroom Open House was held on Thursday, April 7th. Wow...what a tiring, yet wonderful experience! I never understood how much work a teacher puts into preparing her classroom. My aides were a HUGE support to me...thank goodness for them! This year, my class theme was "Down at the Farm." My student's made the cutest farm books to show with their parents. TLC Lessons is an amazing company that provides a wide assortment of art projects that are created for kindergartners to teach the kindergarten curriculum. I really am impressed with the company and have purchased other books including: colors, nursery rhymes, sea life, and Alphabet Animals. It was so wonderful to see my student's faces as they showed thier parents the books. I was very proud!

In addition to the beautiful books, my classroom never looked better! To go along with the farm theme, my walls were covered with: The Farm scene: Barn, Cilo, Cow, pigs, ducks, and sheep (all of the animals were made by my students from paper plates and were sooooo easy! I made the farm and the cow.)

Our Flower Garden: Flowers were made from Di Cuts, painted with yellow paint and outlined with sunflower seeds. The students pictures were placed in the middle. (This is my favorite wall.)

Our vegetable Garden: I love the carrots! The student's traced and cut out their handprints to use as the carrot stem.

Chicken/Chick wall:



I also snapped a few photos of the areas in my room including: the reading area, circle time rug, my desk, shelving, sink area, etc.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh Lena! it's gorgeous!!! Your room is so bright and cherry and organized. I LOVE it! You have very lucky little kiddos. ;)
Post a Comment