I finished my first year as a Pre-School/Kindergarten Teacher! At the beginning of the year, I did not know what to expect. I was excited for a new experience, but a little anxious about what was in store for me.
I am beyond thrilled of how this year progressed. I made wonderful new friends, worked with AMAZING students, and learned so much! I feel like I really have found my DREAM JOB!

The teachers sang a song for the end of the year talent show. I love working with such a wonderful, collaborative, and supportive group!

Kindergarten Graduation. I had 5 Kindergartners this year. Each student holds a special place in my heart. I am so proud of the work they did this year. Not only did each of them fulfill the requirements to move to 1st grade, but they also made HUGE improvements with thier speech and language.

I had 10 preschoolers this year. We had a small party for our preschoolers and thier parents. During the party, we watched a slide show of our year and the preschoolers sang our favorite song: "The World is a Rainbow."

These three ladies, made my year AMAZING! They are the Kindergarten team, and I learned so much from them. Pam (next to me in the picture) retired this year...I will miss her so much, but am so grateful for her wisdom and sweet voice of encouragement she gave me through my first year. Jenn and Nikki team teach and have a wonderful and encouraging classroom. It was very common for me to walk in their class after a long day, sit down, ask questions, "vent", or laugh about something that happened that day. This team welcomed me with open arms and we worked very well together. I was so proud to work with them and trusted them with my students, as they never looked at them or treated them differently.
My first year as a teacher, I learned many things. I learned that I am strong. I learned that I am a good teacher. I learned that I have high expectations of myself. I learned that I can be firm but loving towards my students. I learned that it is possible to have a friendly work environment and that teamwork is IMPORTANT! I learned how to make up an activity in 3.5 seconds when the original task was not working. I learned useful terms to help children learn academics, improve speech and language, as well as encourage appropriate behavior. I learned that being a teacher is one of the most stressful, but rewarding job someone can have!!!
Carlin C. Coppin Elementary School, thanks for a great year!!!
3 comments:
congrats lena! i had no idea you were teaching! enjoy the summer!! so jealous over here - as i type from my office. wah.
I received your comment the other day....Levi miss you tons too! He talks about you often. I seriously feel that we were to move to 12 Bridges just for you to be Levi's teacher! We feel so blessed and we couldn't have asked for somebody better to take Levi under their wing! Thanks a bunch!!!
Congratulations my dear! Enjoy your summer vacation... you earned it!
Post a Comment