The last few days of our house boat trip were a lot of fun! We did have a few interesting things happen.
For instance, our boat generator went out on the way back from filling it up at the gas station and we were forced to dock at a nearby beach for the night with NO POWER. Thankfully, my uncle Tony and aunt Debbie came to visit us that same night and they brought a very delicious dinner so we didn't have to open the refrigerator.
The next morning we traveled back to the dock, got the generator fixed, and began our search for the next "perfect" spot to dock. My uncle Tony has a BEAUTIFUL ski boat. My parents boarded with them and went to tour the lake while Rick and I stayed on the houseboat. It was a little difficult driving the house boat...I swerved through the water quite a bit, but finally got the hang of it. Once we got to our spot, everyone took turns riding in the ski boat. My dad tried his first time tubing and my uncle just about killed him by whipping him around. His second time around he actually flew off of the tube and landed on his stomach, knocking the wind out of him...he did not go again. Rick and I also tubed, but I made sure to give clear instructions that I DO NOT LIKE TO GO FAST! Rick also tried skiing again and did a great job! He is very athletic so it didn't surprise me how fast he picked it up.
Mandy and I tried skiing again with no luck...ugh...so frustrating! I felt really confident I would finally get it, but just couldn't stand!
At night we had a lot of fun hanging out on the top of the boat looking at the stars.
We also had a lot of fun inside playing Qwirkle!
By the end of the week, we were all so relaxed and it was hard to go home. We enjoyed ourselves so much and are so thankful to Mom and Dad for such a wonderful vacation! We made wonderful memories together and feel so blessed to have such a close family.
1 comment:
you make me want to go vacay on a houseboat, what fun!
Post a Comment