Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Wednesday
Today was planned to be the first day of school for my wonderful, excited little Kindergarten friends. I have spent A LOT of time in my classroom making it perfect for their first day. Well, unfortunately, due to some rather CRAZY circumstances, our district has postponed the first day of school to Monday, August 29th.
Yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon, I was finishing up a few things in my room when we received an evacuation warning over the loudspeaker. We were told to grab all of our belongings and meet in the cafeteria. Once we arrived, we learned that there was a nearby fire that was out of control and we could not stay on the premisis. This seemed strange, as we did not see or smell any smoke. When I got home, I found out that it was a propane tanker that had caught fire. Many of our families have been evacuated from their homes and businesses and schools have been shut down as a precaution.
My heart is heavy for these families who have been displaced from their homes, but especially for the firefighters who are working on this very dangerous and difficult task of extinguishing the fire. Please say a prayer for these men and women who are in danger's way to protect our community.
For more information I have uploaded a link to a video.
Fire Crews will Let Propane Tanker Burn; Plan to Drill Hole & Drain Tanker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was thinking about you. We have a lot of friends in the Lincoln area. I hope everything goes okay. Try and enjoy these last few days of freedom. I'm sooo tired and it's only day 2! Ha!
I am so glad it is all over with! It was really making me nervous! I am happy that you are of course so sweet in preparing for your new class, but I am just sad Levi isn't one of them anymore. :( Levi is hoping to see you in front of the school the first day when he gets off the bus....I told him he will have to wait and see.
Post a Comment