Monday, September 12, 2011

30th in San Diego

While Rick and I were visiting family in San Diego, my parents threw me a 30th birthday party.  They have a beautiful backyard and I loved the idea of having it in the backyard.  It happened to be a VERY hot day outside.  Fortunately, there was a lot of shade and we were all able to keep cool.  My dad barbecued chicken and my mom made delicious salads.  I was thrilled that all of my family and my dear friends were able to make it!
 Mandy and I with Grandpa

 These three girls are VERY special to me.
 Eating yummy cake with the boys...
 Mike and Brandi...Mike kept telling me I was "over the hill"...not yet, buddy...
 Grandma and Grandpa Oshima.  Very dear to my heart.
I sure do love this guy.  By the way, the party was a day before our 8th wedding anniversary.  Crazy how time flies!
 Some of the group chilling in the shade.
 Grandpa and Dad...this is the only picture I have of him during the party.  I am so thankful for him and my mom (I have no pictures of her either) for throwing this party.
I am beyond blessed for this wonderful family and my dear friends.  It was so sweet to celebrate this milestone in my life with them.

No comments: