Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012: Week 3

We had a wonderful week...we ate out more than usual, but also got a lot of projects finished that have been on our list of "things to do."  Rick went away for the weekend with "The Donner Party" for the 6th year in a row, I am continuing to enjoy teaching and am learning so much from my weekly collaboration meetings with other Special Ed staff.  Below are my pictures for the week!


We love lazy weekends, and this weekend was one of the laziest we have had in a while. The dogs love it too. We often lose Riley during these times and end up finding her tucked in the 
covers of our bed. Ahhhh....to have a dogs life....


We eat sushi way too much. So much that the staff at Zakuro Restaurant (the most amazing sushi joint ever) know us by name and we consider them family.  Rick and I ate there tonight.  I tried a new roll called "Zakuro" that had deep friend lobster on top of a California roll...very good!


Tonight we went to Costa Vida for dinner with our best buddy "J" and his wonderful mom and dad. RIck and I were cracking up at how fast this little guy could eat! He gobbled up almost a whole quesadilla and a ton of black beans...what a great eater he is!!!

My parents will get a kick out of this....

I have heard everyone has "that one spot" that always is messy. Is this true? Well, mine is my closet! At the end of the day, I place the dirty clothes in the hamper and the clean clothes...on the floor! Ugh...really? Tonight I finally got in there, filled up a bag for good will, and hung up the rest of the clothing. The question now is: how long will it last? :)


I love the fact that I LOVE MY JOB! I actually look forward to seeing my students everyday! I teach a Kindergarten Language Intensive Special Day Class (Say that three times fast), and my kids amaze me! Today the district sent out two construction workers to fix our broken ramp and the kids had the best time watching them! I didn't waste a second at putting it into a language lesson..."What are they doing?" Students: "They are cutting...they are fixing...they are working...." Ahhhh....I could just eat them up they are so cute!



Rick went away for the weekend with the guys...it will be his 6th year going and he always looks forward to it! I love that he has such a great group of friends...When I got home from work I was a little sad to not have him around. I smiled when I saw this note he left...


My friend Becky and I made the goal to capture and write about our memories through "Project Life" this year. We love the concept and got together tonight to begin our 2012 books...so much fun! We stayed up until 2:30am! Thank goodness for coffee...and great company!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun!! I tried Sushi at a real sushi place just last month at girl's night out! I'm still a little scared about anything that's uncooked, but there were a few rolls I tried and really liked. I started following a Project Life blog and it looks like so much fun, but I'm so bad with a camera. Maybe I'll make that March's goal, just to try for a month. I love seeing all your pictures!!