Superbowl weekend was CRAZY! I spent Saturday early afternoon at a Signature home party with my friends and came home with plans to "veg" and watch movies. Rick was still in San Diego for his annual "over thirty, under thirty" guys football game tradition. I had a few shows on DVR that I was wanting to catch up on. About an hour after arriving home I received a frantic knock on my door. I usually don't answer the door when Rick isn't home, but I felt a little nudge to at least look and see who it was. I peered out the window and noticed my neighbors two young boys and her running back down my drive way. I opened the door to say hello and from the look on her face I knew it wasn't good. She quickly explained that her 3-year-old daughter had fallen from their two story window. I immediately brought the boys inside and grabbed her baby from her arms, assured her I was fine with watching them, and told her to "GO!" So here I am, middle of the afternoon, Rick is 500 miles away, with three kids. We made the best of it...lucky for them, I had a little bit of food in the house and I LOVE Disney movies...The night was a little rough as the little girl had a hard time sleeping. Who can blame her? A strange place, with a unfamiliar neighbor...The next morning I got the kids ready, fed them cereal, and played a little. Thankfully, a friend came to get the kids and had keys to the home.
This whole week I have been checking Facebook for updates. Thankfully, the little girl has been recovering pretty well for the fall that she had. She is awake, but still very quiet and is having difficulty eating still. It will take a while to know if or what damage has occurred to her brain. We are praying!
Sunday:
It was difficult for this little one to sleep last night. We were up quite a bit as she was confused and tired. Thankfully, this morning brings coffee for me. Later on in the day we went to our friends home to watch the Superbowl! Giants won the game!
Monday:
Rick and I took a "sick day" today. I was still exhausted from the emotional and sleepless night on Saturday. It felt good to relax. We "caved" and ordered pizza around 4pm for dinner....it was soooo good.
Tuesday:
Rick and I both love our phones. This weekend Rick bought a remote control car that he can navigate using his iPhone...boys will be boys.
Wednesday:
Night home with the dogs...so sweet...
Thursday:
Today was our 100th day of school! My class celebrated by making 100th day trail mix, counting, coloring 100th day related pictures, and participating in an at-home 100th day project. These are the finished projects that they brought in to share with the class!
Friday:
Jen and I both share a love for Channing Tatum...we made plans early in the year to go to the premier of "The Vow" and it was wonderful! A sweet movie with a sweet friend....perfect night out!
Saturday:
This morning I flew to Seattle to meet Rick for a short vacation. He was there a day early for a quick conference. I took the early flight out and enjoyed this breathtaking view of the sun rising in the air....lovely!

No comments:
Post a Comment