Friday, August 10, 2012

18 Weeks



How far along? 18 weeks (And I feel huge!)

Size of the baby: Baby Medina is the size of a sweet potato.

Maternity clothes?   Last week I went to Target and bought the B-band to use with all of my non-maternity pants.  I have heard mixed opinions on it, but I am loving it!  I also went shopping for some appropriate school clothing, but got discouraged with the limited short sleeve and capri options.  All they had were "Fall" clothing, i.e. long sleeves and pants, and I cannot even think about wearing them in 100+ weather up here in Sacramento!

Sleep: I am not sleeping very well.  Our midwife says it is getting me prepared for the sleep deprivation I will experience once Baby Medina is here.

Best moment this week: This is going to sound way cheesy, but I do want to remember this in the future.  My best moment was yesterday afternoon when I got a phone call from Rick.  He said he was just calling to check up on me and to let me know how thankful he is of me.  He also stated how much he admired me for carrying our baby and wanted to let me know how much that meant to him.  Of course, I cried when I hung up...pregnancy hormones...

Miss Anything?  Sleeping well. 

Movement: Not yet.  I keep thinking about it and hoping I actually know when it happens.  Some friends described it like butterflies, others described it as gas bubbles....I like the butterflies description better.  I already have gas bubbles...TMI. :)

Food cravings: Not a lot of cravings this week.  I have been eating more vegetables (salads, carrots, brocolli)...

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thank goodness!  I just have to make sure that my stomach is never empty.

Gender: Not sure yet!  I am feeling boy and Rick has a feeling it is a girl.  We have decided to find out with our family in San Diego at our Gender Reveal Party!

Labor Signs: None.  Let's keep it that way.  :)

Symptoms: Frequent restroom trips, exhaustion.

Mood: Blessed to be pregnant!  

Looking forward to: Finding out if our baby is a boy or a girl!!!  I am so excited to call our baby by his/her name rather than "baby."  By the way, we already have the names and are planning on announcing it at the party with our family!  

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I love reading these updates! You look great! That Sacramento weather has to be killing you right about now. Let's just give thanks that you're only 18 weeks along and not 40. I can't imagine being super preggo in Sacramento during the summer. :) When Baby Medina really gives you some kicks, you will know. I remember feeling the same as you... wondering, "Was that movement? Hmmm what about that?" But when Donovan really kicked for the first time it was totally different. To me it was like a muscle spasm on the side of my tummy that kept on going several times in a row. That was one of the most exciting moments of my whole pregnancy. Love reliving it through your posts. XO

vickichristine said...

totally feels like gas bubbles. haha - hence a lot of us not knowing thats what it is at first. ;)