Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Weeks


How far along? 30 (and a 1/2) weeks

Size of the baby: Baby William weighs almost 3 pounds and is the size of a cabbage.  

Maternity clothes?   Yes, although I am still wearing a few shirts and cardigans from my pre-pregnancy days.  I try really hard to be as presentable as possible when at work and out in public, but once I get home it is all sweats and t-shirts for me!

Sleep: Ugh...I am getting up every 2 hours to use the restroom and my hips and lower back are sore.  This side sleeping thing is difficult!  I started out with a huge prego pillow and now have gone to a smaller wedge.  I just felt too claustrophobic with the big pillow.  I still have the soap under our fitted sheets and thankfully have still been lucky with no leg cramps!  Oh yeah, and staying up past 9pm is basically unheard of in this household...

Best moment this week: I guess I should edit this to say best moment since I last posted, which is like 8 weeks ago.  :)  I have had 3 wonderful, amazing, meaningful, and completely memorable baby showers in the past month.  My first was in Vista (my hometown), thrown by my sister and dear friend Kelly.  It was beautiful!  I enjoyed seeing all of my friends and family.  The next shower was given up here by my best friend Becky.  My mom and Rick's mom were able to travel up to it.  The last one was this past Thursday at my school given by all of the teachers.  I have another small one next week and will hopefully remember to post pictures soon!  We also had our maternity shoot which was AMAZING!

Miss Anything?  I have to admit, I miss a full nights rest...BUT, I do realize that I won't be seeing that for at least another year once Will gets here and I should be grateful for the rest I can get now!  :)  Even with the lack of sleep, I am soooooo thankful to be experiencing pregnancy and really have enjoyed it.

Movement: All the time, the little man will not stop.  He hits my bladder, kicks my ribs, sticks his butt out...it is HILARIOUS!  Rick cracks up at how strong he is.

Food cravings: No cravings, just loving food in general!  I am currently up 15 pounds total and am trying to be careful with too much sodium, fat, sugar, etc.  Thankfully, I passed my glucose test a few weeks ago.  I celebrated by getting a vanilla shake....

Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thank goodness!  

Gender: We are having a Boy!  William "Will" Curtis Medina

Labor Signs: None.  Let's keep it that way.  :)

Symptoms: Frequent restroom trips, exhaustion.

Mood: Blessed to be pregnant!  

Looking forward to: We are still working on Will's room.  I am looking forward to getting his changing table and a few decor accessories to finish it up.  Rick and I are spending time with my family at "our beach house" in a few weeks so we are VERY excited to relax and enjoy the sound of the waves.  My plan is to dig a hole in the sand so I can take long naps on my stomach...

2 comments:

Meghan said...

You look great Lena! Guess what! After your email on FB you convinced me not to give up on the old Dease family Christmas tradition. I found a place to stay with my fam and we're all booked. The tradition continues and I have you to thank for it. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing beach trip with your fam. Nothing like the sound of waves to relax the soul.

vickichristine said...

so cute! and you never know...little will could be a good sleeper like his bud, river! :) so excited to see you!