Dear Baby Will,
This is your mama writing you. Do you know, little man, how much I love you already? I honestly didn't realize how much until the other night while laying in bed after all the holiday festivities were over and all of our visitors left. Your daddy asked how I was doing and I just began to sob.
Baby Will, I wasn't sobbing because I am sad, but because of the overwhelming worry I already have over you. I remember having it in the first trimester. I was so afraid we were going to lose you. That I would do something wrong. We waited so long to have you and after a while wondered if it was even possible. Well, let me tell you something. God is good to those who wait...he created a miracle when we least expected it. That miracle is you.
After 13 weeks, your daddy and I could not wait to share the news! We sent out announcements and started thinking of names. We didn't know if you were a girl or a boy and wouldn't find out for a couple weeks, but we loved talking about the "what ifs" and looking at fun baby clothing and gear. I already began reading books about parenting and praying over you daily. All through this excitement, I was still in shock that I was pregnant and the worry was still there...just a little. The worry came back full force one evening when I noticed I was spotting at 18 weeks. I remember pleading with God, "please, keep this baby safe...I cannot lose this baby...I won't be able to handle it." The next day we met with the Dr. and you were safe and sound.
Through out this pregnancy, your daddy has been AMAZING! He is such a great support to me, and I know he will be a solid rock for you to depend on growing up.
These last months of pregnancy have been amazing! Although I complain of the lower back ache or lack of sleep, I have LOVED every kick, punch, roll, tickle, and hiccup that you make inside of me. Even in the middle of the night, when you wake me up, I quickly am reminded how much I prayed for you and how I LONGED for you...I am sure I will miss these interactions that only you and I are experiencing.
And now, you are almost here...any day now you will arrive.
Baby Will, I know I need to cast my worries to the LORD...I want to be an example for you...I am so blessed to become your mommy.
I will see you soon little baby boy...I can't wait to hold you in my arms.

No comments:
Post a Comment