Baby Will, You are 4 months old!!! I look at you now and realize that you are way passed the newborn phase. In some ways, I am okay with this because I love seeing your personality emerge. But it makes me realize how fast time goes...I don't want to you grown up too fast.
I say it again and again...you are just getting cuter and cuter by the day. You had your 4 month check up yesterday.
You weighed in at 13 lbs, 7 oz and are 24 and 3/4 in length. My boy, you are long and lean. You cried even harder with the shots this time and it wasn't any easier for Mommy and Daddy either. You spiked a temp again (I don't like this) but with a little tylenol and extra cuddles you felt better within a day.
This month, you were diagnosed with eczema...unfortunately, you have a bad rash on your tummy. Both mommy and daddy have it, so the Dr. says because it runs in families it is no surprise that you have it. It only appears to bother you occasionally. I am hoping it clears up soon.
Tummy time this month has been a huge success! You love laying over your boppy and you are lifting up your head so well! You are grasping everything now and just stare at things for the longest time. We notice that you follow things with your eyes as well. You especially love Riley and watch her run around the house.
You still love to stand on our laps and bounce. Papa likes to joke that you will more than likely walk before you crawl...I am hoping that is not the case.
Your Daddy assembled your jumpy chair activity gym that Auntie Mandy bought you last Friday. So far, your feet don't even touch the floor but we are looking forward to watching you bounce around. You love to laugh and be tickled. Right now, your favorite toys are "Turt" (a stuffed turtle) and "Sophie" (The giraffe teething ring).
You are growing and have upgraded to a size 2 diaper and are in 3-6 month clothing. We just recently stopped swaddling you because it looks as if you are going to roll over at any time and you are constantly fighting your way out of it. The first night without the swaddle was not fun as you kept hitting yourself in the head with your hands, but hopefully your startle reflex will soon diminish.
You take about 3-4 naps a day from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the day...it is still very consistent. You go to bed around 6-6:30pm and wake up around 6am. You still wake to be fed 2-3 times a night (around 9:30, 12:30, and 3:30am).
You love chewing on your hands ALL THE TIME! You still love your pacifier as it helps you soothe at bedtime (until it falls out and he cries).
Will, you are our precious boy. Our world is so much sweeter with you in it and we are so thankful to God for allowing us to be your parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment