Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Even Now



Even Now
Shane Galanter is ready to put down roots after years of searching. But is he making the right choice? Or is there a woman somewhere who remembers a love that hasn't faded with time?

Lauren Gibbs is a successful international war correspondent that gave up on happily-ever-after years ago when it was ripped away from her. So why is life so empty?

Emily Anderson is a college freshman raised by her grandparents, about to take her first internship as a journalist. But before she can move ahead, she discovers a love story whose tragic ending came with her birth. As a result, she is drawn to look back and search out the mother she's never met, and the father she never knew.

With hallmark tenderness and power, Karen Kingsbury weaves a tapestry of life, loss, love, faith and the miracle of resurrection.

Taken from KarenKingsbury.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even Now was a very interesting and encouraging story that I read on a flight heading to Baltimore, MD. It is a story of love and loss, of faith and restoration. I enjoyed it very much and could not wait to turn the pages to read more. Karen Kingsbury did an amazing job of bringing a readers feelings to the surface. It is a book filled with religious and political views, some you may agree with and some you may not. Regardless of the readers own beliefs, I think that most readers would appreciate this book.
4 out of 5 stars!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I read that book also, and loved it. The second book in that series is also great. I think it is called "Ever After."

Miss you Lena!!

Anonymous said...

have you read "this side of heaven"?
so good! And I just finished "where yesterday lives" and now i am reading "when joy came to stay"
I LOVE KAREN KINGSBURY books, can't seem to put them down!!
Miss you my dear friend!