
Compliments of Carissa C. at the Nugget in Roseville, Ca.
A couple of years ago, I co-hosted a wine and cheese bridal shower for a good friend.
This was new for me...I love cheese...I love wine...but I had no idea what cheeses complimented red wines or white wines.
So my good friend, Lori and I took a trip to The Nugget to get some tips, and boy did we get some good info!!! Since this trip, I have paired the same wines and cheeses at other parties and always have received the best compliments.
Here is what we learned:
Cheeses that go well with REDS:
Canadian Black Cheddar-Sharp
Blue Cheese:
Roaring 40's blu-stronger
Danish-more mild
Gouda-thin strips
Manchego-older
Smoked Mozzerella
Goat Cheese
Cheeses that go well with lighter REDS:
Carmody/California cheese/artisan
Cheeses that go well with WHITES:
Perano
Prima Donna Blue
Manchego-younger
Bruder Basal
Smoke Mozzerella
Asiago
Aged Provolone
One of my favorite cheeses is Telaggio. It is wonderful with honey and candied walnuts or pecans. This yummy dish is great served with a bold RED wine.
Serving sizes: 11/2 to 2 oz of cheese per person
1 comment:
Hey when did you redesign your blog? I love it!!!
Post a Comment