When we arrived early Saturday morning, we loaded all of our supplies (clothes, food, drinks, fishing poles, etc) onto the boat and went through a short orientation with the houseboat staff.

And then off we went out into the beautiful waters of Lake Trinity. While Dad, Mom, Mandy, and I were in the houseboat, Rick and Josh picked up a small fishing boat to take out for two days. Unfortunately, we only caught 2 fish while we were there...pretty sad, but I heard that the higher level waters were affecting the fishing...who knows.
We found a beautiful secluded spot to stay for the first two nights. It was so secluded that we only saw one boat pass us the whole time we were there.

I spent some time reading. I finished "One Thousand White Women" a beautiful story I highly recommend. Rick also got into reading on this trip and read "The Art of Racing in the Rain," another book I love.

The boys took the fishing boat out twice with no luck, but we had a great time taking out for evening rides!

The lake was gorgeous at this time...

There was a small water slide on the back of the boat and the guys had a blast going frontwards, backwards, and whatever other way they dared to go down. At one point they placed a raft below the slide to land on...they attempted it MANY times before both successfully landed. Boys will be boys...


The water temperature was perfect...not too cold, but refreshing. We spent a lot of time lounging in rafts near the boat.



I spent some time reading. I finished "One Thousand White Women" a beautiful story I highly recommend. Rick also got into reading on this trip and read "The Art of Racing in the Rain," another book I love.
The boys took the fishing boat out twice with no luck, but we had a great time taking out for evening rides!
The lake was gorgeous at this time...
There was a small water slide on the back of the boat and the guys had a blast going frontwards, backwards, and whatever other way they dared to go down. At one point they placed a raft below the slide to land on...they attempted it MANY times before both successfully landed. Boys will be boys...
The water temperature was perfect...not too cold, but refreshing. We spent a lot of time lounging in rafts near the boat.
Part 2 of our houseboat trip coming up next!
No comments:
Post a Comment