Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Encouragement in hard times

I am sure I have written about my hopes for one day having children.  I love them...all of them...well, most of them.  Rick and I have quite a few kids who we have "adopted" as nieces and nephews and try very hard to spoil them rotten.  We always said we would "one day have kids" whenever we felt ready.
Well, we "felt ready" almost a year and a half ago...
I have been a little apprehensive about writing about this on such a public forum, but I know most of my readers are friends and family.  I also realize that a stranger might be lead to this blog and may find support or comfort by what I have to say.
Rick and I have been going through the awful, sometimes lonely, sometimes painful, annoying, life of infertility...I really hate that word...it is not a good word.  The good thing is, our doctor has high hopes for us.  The even better news is that our GOD has even higher hopes for us and I believe that one day he will bless us with a child.
Through this whole experience, I have been so uplifted by our friends and family.  I had mentioned that at times, infertility can be a very lonely process.  I am so thankful for my close friends and family who have stood by us in prayer and support.  I don't think I could go through this without all of them.
Rick, especially has been a strong point in my life.  He has strong faith that I am so inspired by and pray daily for.
I heard this song on the radio the other day and wept...I love the message it gives.  The song, "I'm with you", performed by Nichole Nordeman and Amy Grant, is the story of Naomi and Ruth...a story that illustrates the triumph of courage and ingenuity over adverse circumstances.  One woman helping another promising that "until your heart finds a home, I won't let you feel alone, I'm with you. "
When I hear this song, I think of all of our loved ones who are holding us up in prayer and standing by us...I know we are not alone...

7 comments:

Linda Landsberg said...

My darlin', you know that you and Rick continue to be in my prayers, not only for the gift of a child, but also every day. This has been a couple of tough years in our family and I know that "someday" you will help this family to grow.
Blessings to you and Ricky. I love you! Auntie Linda

Unknown said...

Lena, I knew there was a reason I was drawn to you, if only to tell you that you should never ever give up hope. I went throught the exact same thing. My husband and I got married in 2004 at 23. We were both older than our parents were and knew we wanted children immediately. So we tried and tried and tried, for 3 years. 3 years of all the trying and all the medicines that will or could or should help. In May of 2007, I has almost given up, in my head this was my last shot. I made an appt with a fertility specialist only to find out (at a routine bloodwork checkup with another doctor) that I was already 5 weeks pregnant. I have dealt with the infertility issues that you are dealing with right now. I now have a beautiful 4 year old boy who drives me crazy every day, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Please stay strong, it will all be worth it, God knows and he will provide =)

TheHouse said...

You aren't alone. My husband and I have been doing this for almost 7 years now. I will keep following to hear what you have to say.

Tyler and Lisa said...

I am sorry to hear this. My sister went through this all too so I have a glimpse at what you are going through. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I'll have Levi pray for you at night.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber said...

My dear Lena, I haven't been on your blog for awhile, and I just saw your post. I just wanted to tell you that I love you girl, and I am praying for you guys. This is a hard time, but God will continue to give you strength and He will bring you through this. I can't wait for the day that god blesses you with a precious child (or two or three!) I love you!

vickichristine said...

love you, meach. i know it will happen because truly, you will be the most amazing mom ever. xoxoxo