Dear Will,
Oh, my sweet little boy...
You have changed my world.
You are two weeks old today. It feels like I have known you forever, but at the same time we are in the "getting to know you" stage.
Like, for instance, changing your diaper. My sweet son, bless your heart, you have already mastered the art of blow outs...how does this happen?
Never did I imagine that a such a small being could do what you can do in those diapers!
I really need to get better at diapering...
Currently I am waking you every 2-2.5 hours to eat. You have lost some weight (they say this is normal), but I am worried that you aren't getting enough. You are what they call a "sleepy/lazy eater." At every feeding, I have to undress you down to your diaper and tickle the back of your neck to keep you awake. :)
The hardest part of the day/night is our 2/3 am feeding...I seem to want to fall asleep during it and find myself waking 2 hours later on the glider, holding you with a kink in my neck. I always am relieved to see that I didn't drop you and vow never to do it again, but the next night, it happens again...
You aren't LOVING your co-sleeper, but getting used to it more and more each night. You prefer to sleep next to mommy and I am ok with that...
You like taking naps in your bouncy seat and swing...
Your just the littlest, sweetest boy. I love the backs of your arms the most. Your sweet, skinny, fuzzy little arms...I can just eat you up!
We stay in our pajamas ALL DAY LONG. We have only had a few visitors because mommy wants to keep you as far away from outside germs during your first few months of life. We are in a bad flu season...everyone seems to be coming down with it.
We have been blessed to have friends drop off meals and flowers. This has helped us a great deal because eating, cleaning, or even thinking about meal planning is the last thing I want to do.
I can't help staring at you my dear sweet son...for so long I prayed for you, and now you are here in my arms...right where you are supposed to be.
The hardest part of the day/night is our 2/3 am feeding...I seem to want to fall asleep during it and find myself waking 2 hours later on the glider, holding you with a kink in my neck. I always am relieved to see that I didn't drop you and vow never to do it again, but the next night, it happens again...
You aren't LOVING your co-sleeper, but getting used to it more and more each night. You prefer to sleep next to mommy and I am ok with that...
You like taking naps in your bouncy seat and swing...
Your just the littlest, sweetest boy. I love the backs of your arms the most. Your sweet, skinny, fuzzy little arms...I can just eat you up!
We stay in our pajamas ALL DAY LONG. We have only had a few visitors because mommy wants to keep you as far away from outside germs during your first few months of life. We are in a bad flu season...everyone seems to be coming down with it.
We have been blessed to have friends drop off meals and flowers. This has helped us a great deal because eating, cleaning, or even thinking about meal planning is the last thing I want to do.
I can't help staring at you my dear sweet son...for so long I prayed for you, and now you are here in my arms...right where you are supposed to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment